Busy week
Last weekend was a good time. Ab ran a 1/2 marathon in Steamboat (where she kicked some ass!) while the boys and I stayed home to enjoy the Lyons Outdoor Games and Redstone Cyclery's Re-Grand Opening in his new location. It was great to have a weekend with just me and the boys...nobody got hurt and everyone got fed! Check out some youtube footage of some of the L.O.G.:
It was a nice rounded ride with two "nut deep" ice cold stream crossings.
A beautiful sunset at the "top" of the climb (there was a lot more climbing after these two shots).
More climbing...
When we finally reached the down hill section, it was a mix of nice tight single track and technical steep rocky sections. I was toast after the ride and looking forward to some Oskar Blues goodness. Unfortunately, I got a call from Ab that one of our dogs was missing and she couldn't find him anywhere. I asked if she had looked in all of the usual hiding places, including the car. She said that she did, so I ended up going home to search. After an hour hiking through the woods up and down the hillside, I couldn't walk anymore. Totally exhausted, I just went to bed and skipped dinner (Probably better for my body anyway foregoing my 3 beer and fatty burger intake).
The next day there was still no sign of the dog. Ab sent out several emails, made some calls and made a fist full of fliers. She had my mom come up to watch the kids while she posted the fliers and did some more searching. As she was getting into the mini van to start the search and rescue expedition, guess who greeted her in the car. Yep, the dog. My question is this: How does a 100 pound dog hide in a minivan?! Ab said she checked twice. Right. I'm sooooooo going to use this situation to my advantage.... I see an extra ride coming my way soon!
Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday. Big plans this weekend with National Trail Days being celebrated in Lyons. About 200 of us are working on the Picture Rock Heil Ranch connector trail on Saturday.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

3 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - MOTHER FUCKING DOG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHAHAHAN - MINIVAN - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gREAT Story bro! hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!
And the BMX vid RULES!!!!!
Dude - a no-hands back filp followed by a spinney followed by the Team-Eat-Shit qualifier! hahahahahah!!! Good stuff, Maynard!
I could only assume which dog decided to take a nap in the mini van.
Post a Comment