Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hot Good Old Days Weekend

The Good Old Days were back again in Lyons. We headed down on Saturday morning for the 23 "float" parade. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. The best part was the trapper walking guy with the LOUD gun that startled my kids and made them cry hysterically. After the parade we headed over to Bohn park to the beer tent and carnival. Because it was still early (10:45 am) beer wasn't available and rides were not running. So we headed over to the old stand by Oskar Blues for some burgers and beers. The rest of the day I spent doing chores around the house so that I could get out on my bike on Sunday.


On Sunday morning, Ab ran the 5K River Run at 8:00 am in the morning. Daddy was in charge of the kids while Mom ran.

"Dad, it's early and this Kix isn't going to hold us over for long."



"Watch me chase down Mom as she's coming into the finish!!!"



Abby finishing strong.


After the race we stayed to hear the results. The winner ran the race in 15 minutes and 14 seconds. I don't think I could sprint as fast as he was running the whole thing!

Wilson met me up at the Tree House to go for a Coulson Gulch ride. As I was waiting for him to show up, I noticed the temp outside had climbed to a brisk 90 degrees. A nice dry hot ride on the way...

This view NEVER gets old.


Wilson was definitely cursing me for going riding in the heat.


Ah, single track appears!


A water break in the heat



Not sure why I stopped here...



...probably would've helped me stay out of this bush!



Cruising through a sweet meadow.


It was at least 20 degrees cooler down by the water.


We dunked our heads in the river and took a nice long break.


The mellow start of the climb out.


After this, Wilson told me that he hadn't eaten breakfast. Bonk! Nothing a GU and Granola couldn't help though.


We ride again.



Energy BURST....or not.


Hot. Damn Hot.


Still some great Columbine flourishing in the valley.


Single Track Heaven.


It was an awesome ride. I'm looking forward to riding Tuesday with the Redstone gang at Lion's Gulch. It supposed to cool down a bit...

No comments: