Friday, June 27, 2008

Back to Rocky Reality

Here we are at the end of another week. Time flys. I've been meaning to post about the last Tuesday ride but have been a) busy and b) somewhat hurt from the ride. I was psyched to get out for a long ride and did pretty well until I went into a turn a little too HOT (I guess a little over confident too) and performed a high speed endo ejecting me over my bars. One of the guys behind me said I did two complete flips before sliding to a stop head first on my back beside the trail. My right leg is pretty banged up, to the point where I actually went to the doc to get it ex-rayed to make sure nothing was broke. Luckily it's just a deep bruise on my shin. I also broke my helmet (needed a new one anyway). The good news is that the bike suffered no damage! It's crazy how rocky our local trails are compared to what I was riding in Montana; back to rocky reality!
Dave climbing Sourdough trail.
12 riders strong.


A view of the Indian Peaks


You gotta love a ride that requires lights even though it's one of the longest days of the year. Check the Redstone blog for some other pics of the ride (the turn after the long singletrack straightaway is where I crashed). I'll be staying off the bike for a few days.... until Tuesday max. A bruise isn't going to keep me away from the weekly ride. Plus we'll be riding Buchanan Pass, a really great ride.

This weekend Lyons Good Old Days are happening this weekend again. Time for Ab to get her 5K run on and the boys and I to check out the amusement rides put together by seedy biker dudes.

The lights in the pic above remind me how some friends are going to Vegas for the weekend in celebration Robert's 40th b-day. Happy b-day bro. This one's for you:

Have a good weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Erich said...

That is the scariest looking carney EVER. I wouldn't even buy meth off of that dude.