Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On the Road

I'm on the road this week in Montana. I visited some cousins in Bozeman last weekend and then moved on to Missoula for work on Sunday morning. It's been a while since I've been up here and it feels good to get out and see family, customers and friends that I haven't seen in a while.
Another good thing is that I brought my bike with me (yep, mixing some pleasure with business!). One of our customers gave us a recommendation on a trail we should ride; Rattlesnake National Rec Area. Itching to get out, Denny and I got up early this morning to enjoy:

The trails are a lot different than Colorado. Nice tacky smooth dirt without a lot of rocks.

The snow just stopped falling in Montana last week, so the forest was green and lush with moisture.
Looking back at some trail we climbed up.

Looking down at Missoula


I had a hard time not taking more pictures of all of the great single track trails.

Denny bombing through a lush meadow. The grass was about knee high and was covered with dew. In the pic above, Denny went over his bars about 20 yards earlier. After flying over his bars, he slid like a slip and slide on his butt through the grass. Good times!

I'm up in Kalispell for the next couple days. I have a ride planned with a few guys from the Sportsman's Ski Haus for tomorrow afternoon (after work) at the "Pig Farm". Not sure what that is going to entail...

Driving for hours in my car, I've been listening to a lot of my XM radio. On the way up to Montana, I listened to XM's coverage of the 2008 Bonaroo music festival. The best acts I heard were Willie Nelson, My Morning Jacket, The Raconteurs and Metallica. That's right, Metallica. I'm not a big Metallica fan, and I usually end up changing the station if I hear it. But man, they effin' ROCKED! I'm still not going to listen to them reguarly though. I also have the following tune stuck in my head:

This video from Argentina was the best version of "a song" by Pablo Moses I could find. I'll try to get a cleaner version posted soon. I do like how he shouts out how "some of the best footballers in the world come from Argentina". Solid. Real Solid.

More soon....

No comments: