Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day

Happy May Day! Look what I woke up to today:


The drive down the hill was plenty nasty. Apparently as soon as everyone starts thinking spring is here, they lose all snow driving skills. But it sure is nice to have the moisture. I took these on the way down to the doctor. I haven't been in a couple years and I only really go when there's something physically wrong with me. I've had a hard time breathing while mountain biking the last three weeks. The first couple weeks I attributed it to a cold that I must be just getting over. Last Tuesday, I was dropped by the guys like a bad habit. I knew something just wasn't right. It turns out that I have a nice case of Bronchitis induced asthma. Sweet. Now I have to take antibiotics for a week and use an inhaler for another 2.5 weeks. At least it wasn't my fitness level completely. Maybe if I use my inhaler 3 times before the ride next week I'll beat the rest of the guys up the hill...

Speaking of the Redstone crew. A few of us went down to Boulder for the premier of the movie "Seasons". If you're into mountain bikes, it's worth checking out. The soundtrack is killer! It's good to get out and drink some beers with the guys.

More good stuff to come. In the meantime, check out how easy life should be:

2 comments:

Brian said...

Ha ha, look at the asthma geek! Nice inhaler, asthma-boy. Do you keep that in your pocket protector?

Who's that video from, and what's the soundtrack? I need one of those bikes... reminds me of our campus assaults, riding $2000 mountain bikes one mile across campus to class... good times.

Erich said...

May 1st was the coldest day of the year in D-Town. Not as much snow as you, but something like forty below with the windchill. Yikes!