Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Sorry regular readers, it's been a while since my last post. I've had a busy last few weeks with an 8 day stint in Sunriver, OR for a sales meeting (eh) and some tough meetings with customers (double eh). But let's cut to the chase shall we?! Memorial Day weekend ROCKED!

I started out Saturday with the 8th annual Lyons Fat Tire Fest. Let me tell you, it was just what the doctor ordered! This year Death March Dave split the group in to an A and B group. I decided I wasn't feeling up to the 'A' all day Death March as I just got back from a sales meeting. I always go to the sales meeting with good intentions of keeping my fitness up by running but I ended up drinking a whole lot of these instead. So, the 'B' group was definitely the way to go for me. Not to say it was easy by any means!

We started in Estes Park with 20 riders.
It was a nice 1500 ft. + climb to the single track.
Good views the entire way.
Right before the sweet single track down into Homestead Meadows.
Pierson Park Trail is sweet. It doesn't get a lot of traffic and it's a great downhill.
Yep. I took a nice digger on the way down. Right over the bars skinning my shoulder and right leg. The bike was not injured!
There's a bunch of great single track around the old homesteads.
At the bottom of Lions Gulch. The total ride was right around 16 miles. Not too long but definitely a good time. There should be more photos of the 'B'eeeer ride here soon.

Sunday we celebrated our oldest son's birthday at Meadow Park in Lyons with his closest 12 friends and their families. We had squirt guns for all of the kids to squirt each other, at least that was the plan. I think the parents got th most wet.
The Party boy on his way home.

After Saturday's long ride, I didn't think I would get out the rest of the week. Ab was nice enough to let me go ride in the forest again with Dave and Clay. Another great ride but I only snapped a couple pics:
A view towards Longmont. A bit hazy...
You never know who you're gonna run into in the forest. Homey didn't have a spark arrest on his bike...loud and forest fire starting potential. Yikes!

Monday, Ab ran the Bolder Boulder and kicked ass! She ran 8:00 miles and finished in the top 40 of her age group (580 total runners). The rain also started and really didn't end until yesterday. I like the rain at our house because we're basically in the cloud. It was a nice lazy day after a busy weekend:

No comments: