10 Travelling Etiquette Observations
I've been flying quite a bit lately and have observed some bad travel etiquette:
1. If you're taking a dump in the airport bathroom. Let your call go to voice mail. I'm sure if the person on the other side of the phone call knew that you were "releasing the chocolate hostages" while talking to them, they would surely be grossed out. I'm grossed out listening to your banter.
2. For God's sake wash your F-ing hands after you go to the bathroom!!! The airport and airplane are filthy enough without your bacteria germ factory mitts touching everything.
3. If you have a hands free phone don't look at other people while you talk on the phone. Are you talking to me? Huh? WTF.
4. Talking on the phone louder so everybody can hear "how important you are" just makes you look like a jack ass. This can work in combination with 1, 2 and 3 above.
5. Watch where you roll that 500 pound "carry on". If you roll it over my foot, trip me or drop it on my head I will hurt you. And no I won't help you lift it into the overhead compartment either.
6. The magazines and stuff in the seat pocket in front of me are mine. I don't care if that Maxim magazine was put there by me or somebody three flights ago. Hands off pal, it's mine!
7. We both have tray tables so don't feel the need to use mine as a drink holder while you work on your circa 1993 coffee table sized laptop computer.
8. Don't grab the back of my seat as you "ease" your self into sitting position. The seat should not hit me in the back of the head like a pinball flipper.
9. Get an aisle seat if you think you are going to need to go to the bathroom more than 3 times. In addition, see number 2 and 8 when you're making your way back.
10. Everybody wants to get off the plane when we get there. Have your shit together so you can make a quick exit off the plane. If you had to put your 500 pound carryon a few rows back, sorry you're going to have to step aside and let the rest of us off first. Afterall it is a race isn't it?!
Honestly, travel doesn't bother me much. These are a few of my pet peeves that I try to tune out while I'm in my travel zone.
I promise to have some biking pics up soon....too much ranting lately!!! In the meantime check out the ride I went on last night. Yep, that's me on the orange Flux.

1 comment:
Yeah dude. What's with people talking on the shitter? Down here in D-Town, there are a couple of guys who GO INTO the john to talk on their cell. ????? Just flat out weird. And this is in the AM after the pipeline guys have 'done the morning duty' before heading out to the field all day. Serious Ass-Whif man, Serious.
Post a Comment