Sunday, February 17, 2008

Easy Like Sunday Afternoon

I got to have some "me time" this afternoon and took the Single Speed for a ride at Hall. I parked in Lyons and rode out to the Bitter Brush trail head because I didn't know what the trail conditions were going to be like. Luckily the trail was in pretty good shape and I was able to ride up to the bench without getting into too much mud. Beyond the bench it was super muddy going down to where Antelope trail comes in so I turned around. It was kind of a bummer because I could see that the trail was nice and dry on the other side of the valley. Oh well, it's better to not be the guy that F's up the trail!

Since I was unable to ride the loop, I decided to ride the killer hill known as Red Gulch. Wow, that will make you wish you had gears! Back down the hill and through the Ghetto single track around Lyons and back to the car. Not a bad little ride for a cold Sunday afternoon. Here are some pics:

This deer stared at my fat butt struggling up Bitter Brush.

The bench at the top of Bitter Brush. The dirt was pretty tacky and nice up to this point...not so nice beyond it.

Looking down towards the loop. Lot's o' mud!

A view of the hills surrounding Lyons.

No comments: