Sunday Ride
Sunday morning I woke up amazingly enough without a hangover. The pizza at Double Daughters probably played a big part.
After a very sub par breakfast at Cafe Caliente in the Highland Neighborhood, B and I watched the second half of the Arsenal-Fulham Premier League football game. Fulham nearly pulled off an upset until Arsenal put on a late second half push and scored two goals to win 3-1.
Since Ab and the kids were flying in at 3:00 I decided to stay near Denver and not go home. Luckily, I had the Green Hornet with me and White Ranch is relatively close by in Golden. The last time I rode White Ranch was with Evan and Ad-Rock in college. All I could remember was the brutal climb out of the parking lot on Belcher trail. As I was preparing mentally for the climb that was ahead of me I took one turn two early and drove all the way to the back side of the trail network. The good thing was that I was already at the top of the mountain. I rode the complete Rawhide loop from the upper lot and then did a Longhorn, Maverick, Sawmill loop. All in all I figure I rode around 9 or 10 miles. The hill climbs were tough and I had to walk a bit but the descents made up for it. I'd definitely like to go back and ride the rest of the trails.
The weather is supposed to be nice on Thursday and Friday so hopefully I can get out on Hall Ranch after work.

No comments:
Post a Comment