Saturday Ride
Jami stayed up at the house last night. We traded a bunch of music and played it really loud. Something I don't normally get to do! He turned me on to the band "Clutch", some hard rockin' dudes. It only sounds good when you turn it up to 11. I probably won't get to play much of this around the kids.
This morning we got some coffee and food down at the Stone Cup and decided to ride Hall ranch from town. Jami hadn't rode Hall since we were living in Boulder. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful. A 75 degree blue bird day. The climb on Bitterbrush seemed especially difficult today, there were a ton of people on the trail enjoying the great weather. When we got to the bench at the top, Jami wasn't looking good and he was super off balance. He told me to keep going, while he decided to cut down Antelope back into Lyons. It was a shame that Jami couldn't ride the rest of the trail as it was as silky smooth as a Carmelo Anthony turnaround jumper.
I rolled out of the second loop and back down Bitterbrush to the Antelope cutoff. At this point, there were a ton of people coming up the trail; a really good time to finish the ride. Down Antelope through some tight twisties and into Apple Valley for a relaxing spin into Lyons.
I met Jami back at the vehicles and he still looked bad. We went over to the Liquor store to pick up some beer for Dave. He had trued my rear wheel and adjusted my brakes the week before and didn't take payment. "Just get me some beer dude." Perfect! I love Lyons! Dave and I talked about a new bike for me again. He may be getting sick of my non committal to any one bike. I did get to ride a 5-spot and figured out that I'd probably lean towards a Turner Flux instead. Unless, however, I like the Intense 29'r that Dave's putting together for himself. At this rate I ought to have a bike by the end of July! No worries, the Green Hornet is riding beautifully!
Tonight B and I are going to the Nuggets game. I'm definitely taking some pictures of the Defensive Player of the year award ceremony for Marcus Camby. Go Nuggets!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment