Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Early Morning Ride

Got up early this morning to ride Hall Ranch. Another Blue Bird Colorado day! There were a few more folks on the trail this morning than previous mornings. Still a lot better than battling the afternoon crowd and 100 degree heat. I rode up Antelope and did two loops on Nelson. Feeling really strong, I charged down the hill. Unfortunately, I came into a hairpin curve on Antelope too hot, cranked my handle bar to the right to make the turn and came to an abrupt stop breaking the bead on my front tubeless tire. Intsa-Flat and I was over the handle bars and laying on my back in the middle of the trail. 30 seconds to take an inventory of my body and bike...... All's well, just a flat, a nice hole in my seat and a bruised shoulder. I'll fix the flat tonight and be ready for a ride tomorrow....

No comments: