Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Great Weekend

Summer's here. A great weekend of 80+ degree days. Ab and I had Friday night to ourselves as Nana and Poppy took care of the boys for us. We decided to go down to Boulder and eat at Sushi Zanmai. It had been a while since we'd been there (My 25th Birthday??!!). There was a large group in a private room behind us having a great time. I think they did about 100 saki bombs, it reminded me of a few times I had there during college. The meal was great and the company was even better. I'm not sure Abby and I have had a night out like that since Sage was born.

Saturday morning Ab and I slept in and then worked some more on the apartment bathroom. Oliver and his family are going to stay in the apartment in a few weeks. They're visiting from Switzerland. Beau and I got to know Oliver when he was an exchange student at our high school. After getting about four hours of work done, we went for a hike up to the ridge that shadows our house:

Ab hadn't ever been up there and I've only been up a handful of times. There really isn't a defined route to the top so you have to do a little route finding to get there. All the more fun I say.

Abby negotiating a nice slot route.

Me climbing out of the same slot with some sweet bed head.

An Overlook near the top

There were tons of neat rock formations along the way.

Abby enjoying the adventure.

The top of the mountain. Threatening clouds were coming in but didn't materialize.

After we summited the mountain in our yard, we went down to Nana and Poppy's house to pick up the boys. They were happy, well fed and definitely not ready to come home.

Poppy and Sage.

Arjen enjoying the cool grass.

We picked up the boys and headed over to an old haunt of Abby of mine; Proto's! We used to eat there at least once a week when we lived in Longmont. The four of us shared a Caesar salad, Lowrider pie and Traffic Jam pie. Arjen will eat anything. He ate one of my anchovies from the Caesar salad!

Sunday morning we packed a picnic and headed over to the Denver Zoo.


Look at that Sage!_____Elephants!____The Zoo Kicks Ass!



What's Next?________The Train!!______Pre-ride Excitement...


More Pre-Ride Excitement______It doesn't get better than this!

As I was posting the pictures, I realized that I didn't take many of animals. More than anything it was fun to hang out as a family. A Great Weekend indeed.


No comments: