Friday Hallucinations
TGIF my friends. It's been freakishly HOT and work has been rather craptacular to say the least. But Friday always seems to be the light at the end of the deep dark outhouse of a tunnel.
Check it, my drive to work takes me about 30 minutes or so. I used to stop at the Stone Cup to
grab a cup of coffee on the way in but found myself pounding three more cups of coffee once I got to work (probably not the most healthy of habits but I'll elaborate more later). I usually listen to NPR and take it easy on the commute. Today was no different, I was jamming to Steve Inskeep and Renee Montagne subtly express their support for Obama, passed the big cowboy on 66, checked the how much power ball was on the gas station sign ($68 Million), and then it got interesting. As I turned onto County line road I saw a glider doing acrobatic maneuvers over Union reservoir. I didn't think much of it other than it was pretty cool. But then I thought I saw the following:
grab a cup of coffee on the way in but found myself pounding three more cups of coffee once I got to work (probably not the most healthy of habits but I'll elaborate more later). I usually listen to NPR and take it easy on the commute. Today was no different, I was jamming to Steve Inskeep and Renee Montagne subtly express their support for Obama, passed the big cowboy on 66, checked the how much power ball was on the gas station sign ($68 Million), and then it got interesting. As I turned onto County line road I saw a glider doing acrobatic maneuvers over Union reservoir. I didn't think much of it other than it was pretty cool. But then I thought I saw the following:
Yep. That's Airwolf my webtacular friends. I saw this helicopter doing Airwolf like maneuvers over a field very close to the glider. As I got closer, it turns out that it was just giving the corn crop healthy dose of chemical spray. I attribute this hallucination on not having any caffine in my system at that point. It sure would have been much cooler to see an explosion with a helicopter flying upside down.
When I got to work, I drank like gallon of coffee and checked out the news on MSNBC.com and ESPN.com. Did you know that the birdman is coming back to the Nuggets?? With news like this, I had to share it with Beau, Jevan and Robert. Things like this generally turn into a giant string of emails usually resulting in some sort of obscure call out to something related. This string ended up mentioning how Marcus Camby was totally screwed by the Nuggets, how Kareem Abdul Jabar probably still has game and finally how Arvydas Sabonis was probably one of the best all around centers. That's right, Sabonis kicked some serious Lithuanian ass! Don't take my word for it, check out the highlight reel complete with music by Van Halen!
I wish I had passing skills like that. Anyway, it's always good to talk about sports, especially basketball.
I'm cutting out of work a bit early today to get over to Planet Bluegrass for the big festivus. I have tickets for all three days. It should be a good time. The first act I'm seeing is Bela Fleck:
It will probably be a whole lot more bluegrassy than this but cool none the less.
Have a good week y'all.


2 comments:
The story behind the cowboy as I heard it from someone that claimed to have lived there...
The house was, at one time, owned and maintained as a Girls Club facility (hence the duck pond, etc). During that time, someone donated the big ol' cowboy to the Girls Club. His name is True Grit.
That's all I know. The story came from a Lyons born 30something year old. Not sure if he's full of sh*t or not, but it makes a good story...
I am Jan-Michael Vincent!
Post a Comment