Hungry Hippos and Toxic Nalgenes
So I came home yesterday to find that Ab had thrown all of our Nalgene water bottles away. We
must have had 30 of them. I can't lie, I'm a bit irritated about the whole thing. But apparently Polycarbonate bottles are a health hazard. I've been drinking out of them for years. I don't feel any adverse affects from the years of use but supposedly my life has been shortened. This makes me wonder. What isn't a health hazard? Where does it stop? The boys and I had a mean game of Hungry Hippos this morning, are we going to get cancer from toxic chemicals leaching out of the hippos?
Or better yet, maybe we lost some hearing due to the incessant banging of the game. I may have gotten carpal tunnel syndrom and arthritis in my right index finger too... I think I'll crawl in a cave and hide out. Surely nothing can hurt me there. On second thought that could be dangerous too. I mean there could be dangerous Radon Gas coming out of the ground! The point is, we can eliminate things like Nalgenes but for every cancer causing Nalgene, there's 5 other things that could potentially kill you. There is no way you can eliminate everything harmful for your body. If you start worrying about every small detail that adversly effects your body, you stop living.

1 comment:
Shit man - tossin the nalge's is nutty. Especially consider the fact that when you use the nalge you are usually in mountain lion country, on a cliff, inhaling camp stove gas, and / or running away from aliens. By the way isn't it about time to get Arjen his first BB gun and some Estes rockets?
Post a Comment