Stock Show
For the second year in a row we went down to the National Western Stock Show in Denver. This time we brought both kids and attended the 7:30pm rodeo. There were a couple melt downs but overall it was a good time. Walking the cattle and horse areas made me realize that even though both my parents grew up on farms, I know nothing about raising livestock. The people showing live and breathe (literally) with their animals. If nothing else, it's a really good place for people watching....probably even better than the airport.
We had a sub par meal at the Cowboy cafe where the kids ate the biggest hot dogs I've ever seen, at least a half dollar thick and 16 inches long.
Unfortunately, most of our pictures turned out pretty bad. I did take a lot of the kids looking at animals and climbing on tractors but they aren't looking at the camera in any of them or I have some goofy person in the background staring me down (creepy). So I chose only to post this pic of the stage coaches at the rodeo:Also not a great pic, but you get the point. The rodeo was pretty cool it started with a laser show with loud banging fire works to the Beef tune. Very loud for young ears. We saw some bucking bronco riding, calf roping and stage coaches before the kids had enough and were showering our neighbors in snacks and other assorted goodies. Next year will be better when both kids can walk more and stay up later.

No comments:
Post a Comment