Make You Stronger It Will
I've been down and out with a nasty chest cold since New Year's Day. I even broke down and went to the doctor fearing that I might have bronchidous or some other infection. Yep, it was a sinus infection making my mucous a nice brown green tint. Nastiness! I'm a few days into my antibiotics and I feel a lot better. The bad thing is that the rest of my family now has it.
Arjen and I went to the Nuggz-76er game on Sunday. It was his first game and he did really well. The kid ate an entire Super Hotdog. I also introduced him to Pepsi (Mommy didn't like this at all!).
His favorite parts were:
1) The blimps flying around the arena dropping coupons.
2) Carmelo Anthony
3) The railroad and trains outside the arena.
At least he liked one part of the actual game!
I decided to go on the shop ride yesterday even though I was just getting past coughing my lungs out. The ride was slated as being a single speed ride at either a) Boulder Valley Ranch or b) the Ghetto trails around Lyons. Due to the muddy conditions in Boulder, we all decided to stick around Lyons. I thought it would be an easy spin around the trails of Lyons but it turned into an epic Lyons town ride. We started the ride with a short hill climb to one of the quarries that surround town. It was a burner! It wasn't long before I saw the group powering ahead and fading into the dark up the hill and I was climbing by myself. At one point Dave waited and said "Make you stronger it will!" Yes Jedi Dave, it will and it did. I don't mind always chasing the group, it definitely gives me a fitness level to strive for.
The rest of the ride went up, down and around town. We estimated that the ride was between 15 and 20 miles by the time we made it to Oskar's for some beers. Not bad for a mid winter night ride. Good times!
The rest of the ride went up, down and around town. We estimated that the ride was between 15 and 20 miles by the time we made it to Oskar's for some beers. Not bad for a mid winter night ride. Good times!

No comments:
Post a Comment