Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday Night Ride

I had wanted to get out on one of the Tuesday night rides in a while. Unfortunately, I haven't had a light. This week Dave let me use the loaner light for the ride. There's good news and bad news. The good news is that the light I ordered is finally in. The bad news is that busy season is starting with work and I'm not going to get to use it much when I get it. Oh well, such is life. At least I got this ride in!

Tonight's ride was a good time. There were only four of us; Dave, Keith, Eric and I. We went up to Johnny Park and rode the BMX track up to Coulson Gulch. It was pretty chilly up there and I was glad I wore layers even though I was cursing up the hill because I was so hot. The downhill chill made up for the overheating. I really haven't rode much at night, some in college but not enough to say I was an experienced night rider. Good times and I'm glad I have a better light coming!! I was having problems with the loaner light moving around on my bar. Sometimes the light was pointed a ways off the trail. This bit me pretty bad towards the end of the ride; I totally didn't see a stump hanging out in the trail and slammed it with my left shin (good pictures to come). It hurt but not enough to keep me from riding. I really wish this pic turned out better. The moon really lit up the canyon nicely.

We made it back to the cars and met back at Oskar Blues for some beer and food. I'm pretty sure that two Gutbuckets of Dales helped my shin feel better!

I'm still feeling really slow after being off my bike for two weeks. Hopefully I can stay in shape enough to keep up on the next ride....

No comments: