Thursday Morning ride
I got to work on Wednesday totally amped to ride again. Pat and Denny had rode Hall in the morning and we're going to do it again the next morning (Thursday). They invited me to meet them at 6:15 at the Antelope trailhead.
I slept pretty rough during the night and awoke to see that my alarm didn't go off. It was 6:15am! I rolled out of bed, threw my stuff in the car and headed to the trail. In one of the open spots in the canyon, I received a text mail from Pat that read "starting up the trail...". I arrived at 6:40...still trying to wake up. The first section of the ride was difficult, waking up while riding doesn't suit me so well. After awhile I got into a groove and was able to see Pat and Denny's tire tracks in the tacky dirt. When I got to Nelson loop, I saw their tracks went left so I went right. I met them at the top of the loop. Not bad for getting a 20 minute late start. Denny and I rode Nelson loop twice and met Pat back at the car. Coffee and a Breggo at the Stone Cup and we were off to work.... Hectic at first but definitely a nice way to wake up in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment