Friday, July 13, 2007

Mid Week Goodness

I missed the weekly Tuesday ride because of work. I wasn't happy as they were going to ride Lion's Gulch (see previous entry) and I had to redeem myself. It kind of worked out though because I was able to eat dinner Tuesday night in Denver after I dropped some people off at the airport. Beau, Adam, JoAnn and Robert met me out at Big Hoss BBQ for some grub. It's without a doubt some of the best BBQ I've had. Definitely worth a drive out of the way. After we finished up, I called the house to tell Ab I was on my way home. It turns out that Oliver was just getting back from the ride and was headed down to Oskar's to meet the rest of the gang for some food. I was able to have a couple beers with them on my way through town. Tuesday night turned out pretty damn good but I was still jonesing for a ride.

Wednesday night I got home just in time to enjoy dinner with Oliver, his family and my family. Fabian (Oliver's wife) cooked us an authentic Austrian meal complete with vegetable soup and Knödel. It was really nice to eat something different for a change as we tend to eat the same kinds of food, even when we're trying to be different, most weeks. After we put the kids to bed Oliver came back over to ask if I wanted to ride Thursday night, he read my mind!

During the day on Thursday I was able to get a hold of Ryan, a friend of both of ours, and asked him if he would meet us for the ride. Ryan was in. I got off work a tad bit early to run home and pick up Oliver to ride Hall Ranch only to find that he still wasn't home from Rocky Mountain National Park. After a few minutes of debate on what I should do, Oliver called to let me know he was in Loveland. We decided that Ryan and I would go ride and he would catch up later. Oliver made great time by the time Ryan and I rode from Lyons to Bitterbrush and up to Nelson loop, he had taken the short cut on Antelope trail and met us in the back of Nelson loop. Good timing! We made a couple loops, rode down Antelope and in to town to get our free pints of beer at Oskar's. Always a good end to a good ride. Hopefully I can get another ride in before I leave for Alaska on Sunday.

No comments: