Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good Luck?

I just received the following gift from my new sales manager:

Yep. That, my friends, is a lucky golden horseshoe attached to a leather backed frame. On the back it has this explanation:

Sorry for the blurry camera phone shot. It has a bunch of Chinese or Japanese characters followed by this in English:
"This horseshoe is the real one that a race horse had worn in the race track. As you know, there is a saying, "If you find a horseshoe, you will have a good luck." Like the superstition, we hope this genuine horseshoe will give you good luck and make your wish come true."

I am soooo hanging this up in my new museum exhibit office (more on this later)...

3 comments:

Erich said...

Dude - the thing is frickin' sweet! I'll send you pictures of the "Mystical Green Pyramid" that big poppa Northrop gave me. And maybe the useless clock thing-ma-bob that I got at my current gig. Man - we should have a contest - "Who has the oddest office schwag"

Tree said...

Dude. I'm so going to win an office schwag contest. Wait until you see my actual "office". I've nicknamed it the zoo exhibit....

Adam Schwindt said...

I have to find a new avatar. Maybe it should be a golden horseshoe.