Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jah is Real

What a week. Yep, it's finally over. The plug has been pulled and now I'm no longer a rep for a soulless corporate machine. It's a good thing, but I'm still on an emotional roller coaster. I gotta keep looking forward and not worry about what happened in the past. It's not often you get to reinvent yourself in this lifetime!

I think Burning Spear went through kind of the same thing with major record labels. He's gone completely indy and now owns 98+% of his catalog. He sings about being repressed and just plain screwed by the record companies. I know how he must have felt! Speaking of the Spear, Adam called me a few weeks ago and let me know that he was playing a small show inside Twist and Shout Records in Denver. Check out how close we were! This guy is a reggae legend, along the same lines of Bob Marley (IMHO).


My favorite tune they played was "Jah is Real". The whole show was fabulous! Don't just take my word for it, check out Adam's blog too. After the show we got some food at a really trendy joint called Lola's. The food and company was great, the clientele on the other hand seemed very materialistic and stuck up. We were not able to stay out too late as Ab has a triathalon on Sunday (she's going to kick some ass!).

Today I hung out with my boys for half the day while Ab ran some errands. Going to the park is super fun, especially when you take your dogs swimming too. They only shook on a couple other park goers. When Ab got home I was able to get a ride in.

I had been thinking about a ride at Hall for a while. What about doing the whole thing? I mean a full circuit from town --> Start from town, ride up Bitterbrush and do a loop of Nelson--> ride down Antelope, back up and ride another loop of Nelson --> Down over the hogback and down Bitterbrush to town. It didn't seem like it would be too long but here's the reality:Yeah, that's 23.5 miles with around 3000 feet of climbing. I'm tired, real tired but it cleared my head and I feel good.

I'll have a report on Ab's triathlon tomorrow...

No comments: