Sunday, November 11, 2007

And then I had a fun weekend...

Friday after some long meetings, Ab and I were able to drop the kids off with my folks and go to a movie. The last movie we went to together was "RV" with Robin Williams. Not the greatest movie by any means. Probably not even worth a rental. This time we saw "American Gangster" with Denzil Washington and Russel Crowe. Eric and Gretch met us at Flat Irons. This is a great movie, I highly recommend! I'll leave the review up to Ebert and Roeper.

Wow. It's been a while but I finally got outside and had some fun. My buddy Jason and I got out for a ride on Saturday while Ab was running the Turkey Trot. (She ran sub 9 minute miles... AWESOME!!!) We hadn't hung out in a few weeks and it's getting down to the wire. He's moving to Japan indefinitely at the end of December. Man, its one thing when a friend moves to the other side of the states. It's a whole different game when they're moving to the other side of the earth! Jason and I have been through it thick and thin. As far as I'm concerned he's my brother. We had a great four hour ride up in the the National Forest:

Longs and Meeker in the background but you can't see them. It was a bit hazy.

Sweet single track.

Rippin'


Open your eyes! sketchy timer shot off a log...too bad I didn't take another!



I think Jason looks a lot smoother than me...


On the edge of not making it but I powered through.


This guy puts us to shame!


Sunday we started the day with some waffles (how else?!). Ab took Sage with her to go shopping and Arjen and I did some work outside. You know; picking up poop, pine needles and other assorted outside jobs. Afterwards we watched the Donkeys spank KC and ate grilled cheese. And in the afternoon we took the dogs for a nice walk.

I got a culinary hair up my ass and decided to make gourmet French Onion Soup based off an article I read while I was in Portland. It looks like it's going to be at least a week long process. Checkout the starting photos:
Building a base for the beef stock.
Four hours later on the stove top. Just need to roast the onions...probably next week.
Delicious Alaskan Salmon for Dinner.

Busy week ahead. Tuesday night ride maybe. Weekend ride definitely!

No comments: